A great opportunity to increase your club and District membership this year!
THE ROTARY “4-WAY TEST” ESSAY CONTEST FOR 2016
All CLUB PRESIDENTS in DISTRICT 7720 are asked to initiate a local 4-Way Test Essay Contest to include 7th and 8th graders in your local school district.
Please note the following information:
This year’s theme “Why would an Interact Club at our school pass the 4-Way Test?”
- Rules and Entry forms are available on the District website: www.Rotary7720.org and also attached in this announcement.
- Clubs please submit the name of your club’s First Place Winner along with a copy of the winning essay no later than Monday, April 6, 2016 to Frank Jaklic, Chair, Rotary 4-Way Test Essay Contest, 401 N Church Street, Hertford, NC 27944. An electronic entry (Word) is the preferred method. Send to email@example.com.
- District winners will be awarded:
« FIRST PLACE $150,
« SECOND PLACE $100,
« THIRD PLACE $75.
- First, Second and Third place winners may be awarded their prize during a meeting of the sponsoring Rotary Club or at another appropriate venue of the club’s choosing.
Please participate in this most worthwhile project, make plans now to contact the 7th and 8th graders in your local schools. Share information about contest rules and the contest entry form.
Suggestion for Local Club Prizes: Awards can be $50, $35, and $25 respectively for winners. We also suggest that you consider providing an Incentive Award to the First Place Winner’s teacher (gift certificate or gift card or a small cash award).
Thank you for your support and involvement in this project! If you have questions, please call me at 252-426 5246 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Jaklic, Committee Chair
2014-2015 Contest Winners
Seventh and eight graders have given a wonderful opportunity to participating clubs as a result of this year’s 4-Way Test Essay Contest. This year’s theme is “ Who in your community would be Paul Harris today and would she or he pass the 4-Way Test?” I was asked to determine the winning entry from among 16 entries from around the district. Three Rotarians of various educational and editorial backgrounds determined the first, second, and third place winners who will be awarded $150, $100, and $75 cash prizes, respectively. More importantly, participating clubs received dozen of entries, each identifying potential Rotarians. Can a seventh or eighth grader determine who would be like Paul Harris, pass the 4-Way Test and be a good Rotarian? Just read the winning entry and see for yourself at the end of this article.
Please ensure that your club’s 4-Way Test Essay Contest coordinator passes those great essays on to your club membership committee. If one in a hundred comes through as members, Lee Adams and Bob Pippen and you can all sleep better.
The winners, Clubs, Schools are as follows:
Jeanna Evans-Perry, Havelock Cherry Point Rotary Club, Havelock Middle School
Logan Bragg Lindsey, Rocky Mount Rotary Club, Edwards Middle School
Helen H. Canipe, Murfreesboro Rotary Club, Ridgecroft School
To read the winning essay CLICK HERE!
A very special thanks to all the other participants, as well. Each will receive a Certificate of Participation through your AG.
A very special thanks to our panel of three judges;
Ann Hoffman, COA
D. Clay Perkins, MACU
Richard Martin, Principal, ret.
THE ROTARY 4-WAY TEST
Of the things we think, say or do.
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?